Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

sex and INTIMACY



I was having a VERY interesting convo with a fitness friend of mine that I wanted to share with you all..
I have told you all that I have had counseling to open some closed doors in my mind to help me with my total mission to be mentally, physically, and emotionally happy, RIGHT? 

Making that change, changed my marriage… we were always friends but finding out where my issues came from. Change me and fixed me, and made my marriage stronger and made us a lot closer..  Which brings me to my point… My fitness friend asked me why I was so tried this morning… I told her I was up all night talking to my husband.. She said watching TV? I said no talking… She said what like 20, 30 mins? I said no all night? Maybe like 3 or 4 hours.. She just looked at me puzzled.. I’m like what. She said I couldn’t talk to anyone that long. LOL

I just feel like I can take a million small conversation and put it to a whole night of pillow talk.. In my opinion.. That is where the intimacy is, its in the long conversation.  Its in the long lasting hugs, the good bye kisses that starts with one peck and end up lasting longer. A lot of people confuse sex with love.. Can you go day with out having sex as a married couple and still laugh, kiss, talk, and cuddle with out feeling that something is missing? Or the black flag of death is hovering over your marriage? 

I feel like the satisfaction of being pulled in close and having 1000s of words whispered in my ear that could make me surprised, happy, shocked, silly, and or laugh has more gratification than sex any day..  I feel way more loved that he can share his inner most everything with me and I can do the same with him without being judge, or loved any differently. Sex is easy it can be done with anyone. But intimacy is difficult. It requires honesty, openness, self-disclosure, confiding concerns, fears, sadnesses as well as hopes and dreams.

Again its just my opinion, I know that getting to the point where my husband and I are now was not easy, but worth it. He is my best friend and I wouldn’t want to have it any other way. It makes me so mad to think about the time we wasted when everyday could have been this amazing.. But I enjoy it and look forward to each and everyday I have with him.

Until I write again, until you read again 
Kisses and Misses

No comments:

Post a Comment