Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Man Oh Man This HAIR!!! Grrrr....

I'm super sick of my hair!!

I have not wore my REAL hair since high school.. Maybe a couple times after high school but this EVERY day thang, yes thang is killing me SHEESH!!!  I had so many hair styles...

braids


Curls

Soft curl

Long and wavy

Ponytail

Flip

short and sassy

Wet and short

same

CURLY and LONG loved it

A longer A line cut..




I have had so many hair styles over the years.. I'm new to the girly girl thing... I have always had to do everything rushed and quick when I was single and had my son and a job, so clipping on a ponytail and hiding my hair in a bun underneath it simple and easy..Just like I like it..  and then after getting married I still didn't know how to do my hair and didn't want to do my hair so I got it style by someone else every week to two weeks.. unless I had braids or twist...

And now with cutting back on things... I choose to keep my gym membership and lose the extra stuff.. Nail, pedi, eyebrows, HAIR... I have to suffer with combing and styling my hair every morning.. I'm getting better than I was at the beginning.. Its actually in a nice little hair cut.. and I love the look on me.. Its just harder than going to the beauty salon sitting in a seat and letting the pampering start.. :)

My hubby loves my hair he hate the "Fake" hair that I used to wear in my hair.. So that's one plus... it makes him happier.. Its just alot of hard work, but the good things DON'T ALWAYS come easy.. :)
So I guess just like everything else you have to weigh the pros and cons..

PROS:
  1. It saves A LOTTA money
  2. Hubby loves it
  3. No more itchy head that can't be scratched
  4. I look younger
  5. Easy come back after a gym work out
  6. No longer will I worry about fitting into any ones schedule
  7. I can go swimming
CONS
  1. I have to do my hair every morning
  2. I don't have the long sexy hair look
  3. I can't change my hair looks
  4. No one else washing and combing my hair
  5. My hair was so full with the "Fake Hair"
  6. Hubby hated it
  7. I look younger
  8. Can't get it wet (some times)

So it looks like Pros win.. LOL
I'll get use to it.. I have to anyways..
The me I must get us to

Like India Arie says...
I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am not your expectations no no
I am not my hair
I ma not this skin
I am a soul that lives within

Does the way I wear my hair make me a better person?
Does the way I wear my hair make me a better friend? 

Does the way I wear my hair determine my integrity?
I am expressing my creativity..








Thanks for reading..

Until I write again, Until you read again,
Kisses and Misses

No comments:

Post a Comment