Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Why am I doing it?!

I am promoting HEALTHY living!


I have decided to really get the word out about living a healthy lifestyle. Looking at my own family tree it really made me ask myself, “Self, Do you want to make it past 50?”, “HECK YEA!!!” Well it’s time to do something about it!!

I keep hearing well this runs in my family, and that runs in my family there is nothing I can do about it. That is so untrue. You can change your lifestyle from the way you eat, drink, and your activity level that will decrease your traits of different inherited diseases. I look at it like this I have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and a few more family traits that hanging from almost every branch and or leaf over my head, but I will not be the next branch to pass it down to my kids, (or at least I will make every effort not to). I have started to teach my family healthier habits. I want to be an example of what life can be like. I do not need to drink or smoke to feel alive or happy. I want to make sure my sons know that it is okay to make a doctor visit even when there is nothing wrong. I want them to feel like this is all okay and just a part of life not that they are doing something special, or out the ordinary. I want them to know that when you live a mentally and physically healthy happy life you are well balanced and truly happy and will be able to deal with life and the hard choices you have to make.

My son tells me all the time that I changed and I am happier and I’m not always tired and grumpy. It feels good to tell him it is because of the food I eat the exercise I get. The fact that I pray, meditate and live in the moment with him right now that I can smile more. Then when he hears that and slowly he wants to eat what I am eating he wants to work out with me, and he wants to meditate with me. The change is happening. Hopefully he takes the lifestyle that I am teaching him and when he’s older he will teach his family.

The little steps I make today and change within my family can change the rest of my family tree. When his son/daughter goes to the doctor and they ask those wonderful health history question. Did your mother have…… Did your grandmother have….. Did your father have….. Hopefully with the change in behavior the answer to all those questions can BE NO!!

It’s scary to see so many people I know in their late 20’s early 30’s complaining of high blood pressure, chest pains, migraines, depression, insomnia, high cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity. Some of us drink so much and because it is just on the weekend we think it is okay and never go to the doctor to get your blood levels check. All the while our liver isn’t function at a normal level. We’re having chest pains from all the fried food we’re eating late at night and going to sleep on, and can’t understand why we could be having the chest pains. But hey who cares WE ARE YOUNG, right? WRONG the choices you make today will help shape your future. Look at some of the old pictures of mom and dad, aunts and uncles. Skinny healthy and fit! Then over the years life set in and they changed. Heck look at us, and remember our high school pictures then look at us now??!!

So when you are older that heart will be clogged up worst. Your kidneys will be damaged even more, and your liver will be worst. Walking/ dancing in the club every weekend in those 4 inch heels your knees will hate you. Never letting go of the stress that everyday life can cause will have you one more bad phone call away from a stroke.

Living a healthy lifestyle can be expensive, but drinking water is cheaper than soda, and alcohol. If you bake meats instead of frying them is cheaper one less ingredient you have to buy. Have a family salad with leftover chicken is cheaper; reusing food plus you’re not using the oven. START COOKING and stop eating out!! Especially “fast food”. You can go for a walk/run before bed, or walk up and down the stairs a couple extra times a day for no reasons; Finding a cheap class that you can enjoy to do that will push you and hold you accountable. You can Youtube a workout and watch and try it for FREE99 at home. You can read, write, laugh, pray, and love openly and honestly to freely release stress. If you want to make a change stop making up reason why you CAN’T and start planning all the ways you can.

I created a Bootcamp class to give people that way to get the group fitness experience without all the money. I wanted to do a crossfit class and it was like 140 a week!! I wanted to do a outdoor bootcamp class $40 a week $150 a month. I was like WHAT!! I was told that I can have a private Personal Trainer for $65 a session(1 hr) plus $35 for nutrition counseling. Boxing Gym membership was insane!! So I got fit at home and use my plain old gym membership when I had some extra gas to get me there, and Personal Trained myself 70 pounds lighter and I have kept it off!!

I challenge you to change your health and your family tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment