Pages

Friday, December 4, 2015

Pictures are important to my journey.

Weight Loss Journey Entry 1

Well, if you don't know who I am or what I do, you might want to go back through my blogs and get a feel for who I am, but I'm a dance fitness instructor that has lost 70 pounds 6 years ago, and I've been on a journey to keep the weight off.

I'm now trying to tone up and get in better shape.

Topic for today:

Pictures are important to my journey.

I bet you're wondering why. Right?

Well, today I was getting dressed and looking in the mirror, and I saw the same big girl I was five years ago. It scared me! The first thing that comes to mind is "I'm getting fat again? I need to find a scale. Oh, my, how much do I weight! What have I been eating!!" Just mental going nuts for a moment!

I need to slow down, take some deep breaths, and remind myself the scale is not the answer, and I need to get dressed, but I couldn't. I was still frustrated and not happy with myself. I need to have a talk with myself (I know it sounds crazy, but hey, I'm my best friend and worst enemy at times). I took off all my clothes and looked at me in the mirror. I reminded myself that I have to like myself every day. I have to find 10 things I love about the person in the mirror before I could get dressed and leave. If not I'll be tugging on my clothes unable to give people eye contact. I would just be a mess until I felt better. (Better meaning not looking fat) so I give myself "the talk" and get dressed.

I head out the door to teach class honestly still not feeling great.

After class I take some pictures with some friends, and I'm like that's me? That's not the girl I saw in the mirror. My shirt felt too tight my butt looked big.  But in the picture I look like...well, me. So I get home, and I take a few pictures...And it was totally not what I saw in the mirror...I just started crying. I was so mad at myself. But it's just a lesson learned...my perception can be wrong at times. I have to stop being so hard on myself.

I'm not perfect... I'm just a girl getting fit one day at a time!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! You inspire a lot of people..

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💛 can wait to see what you write tomorrow

    ReplyDelete