Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

LUCKY NUMBER 13

Lucky number 13, I think that 13 has to be my lucky number, because I have so many wonderful people in my life that has a birthday on the 13th well today I want to tell you about one of those WONDERFUL people...


My Self appointed God sister Roshaunda Marks, is celebrating her 30th birthday today and I am so over joyed... She has be teasing me since I turned 30 in January.. I have to tell you this girl is a FRIEND, BEST friend, we have been through it all... I met Roshaunda when I moved in to Silver Ridge Apt. I was about 12 years old I believe... I had no friends and was afraid to try and make some.. She became my friend and her family became my own.. Then the worst of the worst we moved and I thought I lost my friend... We wrote letter and talked on the phone and I came over when ever my parents would let me.. Then the most amazing thing we called to tell each other about what High School we were going to be attending and found out that we would be going to the same one!!!!!! I was so happy but afraid that things would be different weird... we both had different friends and different lives no longer completely tied to each other like when we were in "The Apartments", it was a little hard the first few years in high school we talked and laugh and was still friends but not the best of friends like before.. But the winter of my 11th grade year my life turned upside down and I lost a piece of my heart and a little of my mind...
My father passed away.. and the day I called to tell her of my horrible news she stayed on the phone with me so much  through out all that it should have been glued to her... the day of my fathers funeral.. She didn't leave my side she stayed with me so late that night I knew that this was my best best best friend, apart of my family, my sister.. after that day I didn't think of her as a friend any more.. we were back like glue.. I was a bit different after my father died, I had a different attitude.. I met a guy and made a lot of bad choices and she never judge me or my choice just supported me and guide me into a better direction and I did the same with her.. When I had my son she was my GREAT support system I was scared and worried and she helped me through it.. All the good the bad and the Ugly she was there..
In 2000 I made the WORST MISTAKE a friend could make and I let my friend down once in our friendship and still to this day I beat myself up for not going to her Grandmothers funeral a woman that I loved and she love me.. the day I walked in her house for the first time.. She said, "So this is Nikki.. Get over here and give me a hug", and I melted. I'm not going to throw out a whole bunch of excuse or reasons why I didn't go, cause I should have put all my BS on the back burner and my friend and her mom front and center, but I know she knew that I truly and honestly didn't want to hurt her or let her down and she forgave me.. and loved me like she always did.. not a little less or different, she just forgave me and didn't hold it over my head she never mentioned it.. We didn't miss a beat in the heart of our friendship..  I absolutely without a doubt in my mind love this woman and couldn't image a day with out her in my life or my sons.. 
Well I just wanted to share a piece the story of my wonderful God sister, the impact that she has left on my life.. She has the brightest and prettiest smile, and the biggest warmest heart, just an amazing person..

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY ROSHAUNDA AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH MANY MANY MORE..


Until I write again, Until you read again,
Kisses and Misses

2 comments:

  1. Aww that's such a beautiful friendship. Reminds me of my.best friend. When you guys can move past the BS and forgive each other for each others faults, good and bad, that's a true friend. And we are lucky to have one in this lifetime. Hang on to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you much!! I plan on keeping her for ever..

    ReplyDelete